PRACTICE TEST 4
Time allowed: 30’
A. PHONETICS, GRAMMAR & VOCABULARY. (20pts)
I. Circle the correct answer (A, B or C) to indicate the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently. (2pts)
1. A. club B. jump C. uncle D. autumn
2. A. season B. summer C. store D. seven
II. Write a letter (A, B, C or D) next to each line to indicate the odd one out in each of the following questions. (3pts)
1. A. train B. boat C. ship D. ferry
2. A. long B. wide C. young D. thick
3. A. carefully B. badly C. friendly D. angrily
III. Write a letter (A, B, C or D) next to each line to indicate the right answer. (15pts)
1. The children were asked to pick up the ..... in the school.
A. waste B. litter C. pollution D. plastic
2. If you are telling someone the reason why something happened, you are ..... .
A. persuading B. warning C. scolding D. explaining
3. I was a bit ..... with my test results - I will have to work.
A. worried B. nervous C. happy D. disappointed
4. You can’t use his laptop because it’s ..... . He’s fixing it tomorrow.
A. breakable B. unbreakable C. broken D. broke
5. They live in ..... London.
A. centre B. central C. center D. centeral
6. What are you going to do ..... Sunday morning?
A. in B. on C. on the D. in the
7. I need ..... help, Ed.
A. any B. a C.an D. some
8. “..... are you going to see Paul?” - “We are going to see Paul this week.””
A. When B. What C.Where D. How
9. Could you tell me ..... time, please?
A. a B. X C. the D. that
10. I am planting some roses. ..... help me get some water?
A. Have you B. Can you C. Should you D. May you
11. Everyone ..... the new park.
A. likes B. like C. don’t like D. is liking
12. Perhaps I ..... to Egypt one day.
A. am going to travel C. travel
B. am travelling D. will travel
13. We ..... to leave the classroom without permission.
A. weren’t allowed B. couldn’t C. needn’t D. mustn’t
14. My mother ..... to me every week during my last stay in London.
A. writes B. is writing C. used to writing D. wrote
15. Hong’s room is very dirty. ... is much cleaner.
A. His B. His rooms C. Him D. He
B. READING. (10pts)
I. Fill in each blank with ONE word only. (5pts)
I had an amusing experience last year. On the way (0)...to... a town in the south of France, a young man (1) ............................... my car and he asked me for a lift. When he got (2) ............................... the car. I said good morning to him (3) ............................... French and he replied in the same language. After that we kept silent during the journey. I myself know a little French but I didn’t say (4) ................................ When I drove to the the town, the young man suddenly (5) ............................... very slowly “Do you speak English?”
II. Read the text. For each question, choose the correct answer by circling A, B, C or D. (5pts)
CALIFORNIA SEA LIONS
Sea lions are found in the Pacific Ocean, from the north of California to Mexico. These large animals live for up to 20 years and can grow to almost three metres long. The best place to see sea lion is Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco. During the winter there may be as many as 500 animals there, lying in the sunshine or slowly swimming around in the water. They are very noisy, too. Tourists enjoy watching them but they are less popular with fishermen because they steal their fish and break their boats. It is easy to teach sea lions as they are more intelligent than many other animals. That’s why there are often sea lion shows at zoos and animal parks.
1. People find sea lions in
A. The North of California only
B. Mexico only
C. The Pacific Ocean
D. San Francisco only
2. Normally, the life span of the sea lion cannot be
A. More than 20 years
B. Around 20 years
C. Less than 10 years
D. Around 30 years
3. How many sea lions can be found during the winter in San Francisco?
A. About 500
B. Less than 500
C. A lot more than 500
D. None of the above
4. What does the word “they” refer to?
B. Sea lions
5. Sea lions are easy to train because
A. There are sea lion shows at zoos and animal parks.
B. They are more intelligent than many other animals
C. They can steal fish and break boats
D. All of the above
C. WRITING (10pts)
The TV programme I like best
Read the sample paragraph
I like to watch wildlife programmes on TV. I love animals and I want to get to know about animals in other countries. Wildlife programmes show animals in their natural homes. I do not really like zoos. The animals are treated well in zoos, but they are not free. Wildlife programmes are often about animals in danger. They are being killed for their meat, skin or fur. These programmes are useful and I have learnt a lot.
Write a short paragraph from 6 to 8 sentences (about 70 words) about your favourite TV programme. Use the following points as a guide. (10pts)
Total: 40 points
Quý phụ huynh và con có thể tải link đề thi bản mềm tại đây
|TẢI NGAY ĐỀ LUYỆN THI SỐ 04|
Để tránh trường hợp bỏ sót câu hay mắc các lỗi sai cơ bản như dùng sai thì, khoanh nhầm, sai chính tả, thiếu dấu câu,... các con nhớ kiểm tra bài thật cẩn thận nhé! Chỉ cần một thao tác nhỏ là kiểm tra, rà soát lại tất cả các câu trả lời trước khi nộp bài sẽ giúp bài thi của con được hoàn chỉnh tốt nhất.
Quý phụ huynh đừng quên đăng ký nhận đáp án (KEY) ngay tại đây để chấm điểm cho con nhé
|ĐĂNG KÝ NHẬN ĐÁP ÁN ĐỀ 04|
Mọi thắc mắc phụ huynh vui lòng đăng ký tư vấn về khóa học miễn phí tại: http://bit.ly/Tuvan_ams hoặc gọi điện tới tổng đài 024 7305 0384 để được giải đáp.
Amslink English Center