PRACTICE TEST 5
A. PHONETICS, GRAMMAR & VOCABULARY. (20pts)
Time allowed: 30’
I. Circle the correct answer (A, B or C) to indicate the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently. (2pts)
1. A. sugar B. desk C. soccer D. sister
2. A. watched B. listened C. travelled D. stayed
II. Circle the correct answer (A, B or C) to indicate the odd one out in each of the following questions. (3pts)
1. A. Chinese B. British C. Japanese D. German
2. A. student B. teacher C. cooker D. shop assistant
3. A. red B. grey C. pinkish D. dark
III. Circle the correct answer (A, B or C) to indicate the right answer. (15pts)
1. The hairdryer broke the first time I used it so the store gave me a full ..... .
A. receipt B. discount C. bargain D. refund
2. You’ll find pillows in the ..... department.
A. bed and bath linens B. nightclothes C. floor covering D. utensils
3. If you are not satisfied with the service in this store, ask to speak to the ..... .
A. customer B. travel agent C. manager D. principal
4. She spent her ..... in Paris.
A. childhood B. child C. children D. childless
5. Our boss doesn’t always let the ..... know what’s happening.
A. employment B. employers C. employees D. unemployed
6. He went to the party ..... Sunday.
A. last B. next C. since D. in
7. He works very ..... so he often gets good marks.
A. hardest B. hard-working C. hard D. hardly
8. The children ..... turns to play games on the computer last Sunday.
A. took B. was taking C. takes D. is taking
9. David, together with Susan, .... on their project now.
A. is working B. work C.works D. are working
10. Henry ..... not ..... swimming because he wanted to watch a cartoon.
A. does/goes B. is/going C. did/go D. do/went
11. My dad arrived ..... I was watching TV.
A. when B. while C. so D. because
12. Pam is ... Cassy. They’re both the most polite students in our class.
A. more polite than B. most polite like C. as polite as D. not politer than
13. Our school is ..... the entrance to a park.
A. opposite B. under C. on D. between
14. That song ..... played on the radio often, is it?
A. doesn’t B. isn’t C. won’t be D. didn’t
15. ..... life is precious, but ..... life of poor people is very hard.
A. X-X B. The - the C. X - the D. The - a
B. READING. (10pts)
I. Fill in each blank with ONE word only. (5pts)
During the teenage years, many young people can (1).................... times be difficult to talk to. They often seem dislike being questioned. They may seem unwilling to talk about their work at school. This is normal while they are still growing up. They (2).................... usually more willing to talk if they believe that questions are asked because of people interest, not (3).................... they are trying to check up (4).................... them.
II. Read the text. For each question, choose the correct answer by circling A, B, C or D. (5pts)
Parents should (5).................... their best to talk to their their son and daughter about school, work and future plans but should not push them to talk if they don’t want to.
1. Where did Minh Chau send the postcard from?
Dear Mum and Dad,
Well, here I am in Nha Trang on our South tour. We got here three days ago. We had a good journey by train. It was tiring but we saw lots of things on the way. Then we spent most of the time on the beach. Yesterday we went to a fishing village and did some sightseeing. There we met many local people and had a nice talk with them. I could learn a lot about their lives there. It was wonderful. We took a lot of photos. Hope you are both well. Did you get my message and the pictures?
Lots of love,
A. Nha Trang
B. a fishing village
C. the beach
D. the hotel
2. How did Chau travel?
A. by bus
B. by train
C. by plane
D. by boat
3. What did Chau spend most of the time doing?
A. sitting on the train
C. being on the beach
D. talking to local people
4. She thought that talking to the local people in the fishing village was ..... .
D. She did not say.
5. What did she NOT do during the journey?
A. send a message
B. take photos
C. go fishing
D. send photos
C. WRITING (10pts)
I love Sundays because there is no school. In the morning, I usually get up late. After breakfast, I stay in my room and read comic books. I love action stories like Iron Man or Spiderman. In the afternoon, I usually go to the park with my friends. We like to play basketball there. Before dinner, I watch cartoons on TV with my brother. Then I get ready for school the next day. Sundays always seem so short, and I wish they were longer.
Read the sample paragraph
Write a short paragraph from 6 to 8 sentences (about 70 words) about your Sundays. Use the following points as a guide. (10pts)
Total: 40 points
- How do you feel about your Sundays?
- What do you do on Sunday mornings?
- What do you do on Sunday afternoon? How about Sunday evenings?
Quý phụ huynh và con có thể tải link đề thi bản mềm tại đây
Để tránh trường hợp bỏ sót câu hay mắc các lỗi sai cơ bản như dùng sai thì, khoanh nhầm, sai chính tả, thiếu dấu câu,... các con nhớ kiểm tra bài thật cẩn thận nhé! Chỉ cần một thao tác nhỏ là kiểm tra, rà soát lại tất cả các câu trả lời trước khi nộp bài sẽ giúp bài thi của con được hoàn chỉnh tốt nhất.
Quý phụ huynh đừng quên đăng ký nhận đáp án (KEY) ngay tại đây để chấm điểm cho con nhé
Mọi thắc mắc phụ huynh vui lòng đăng ký tư vấn về khóa học miễn phí tại: http://bit.ly/Tuvan_ams hoặc gọi điện tới tổng đài 024 7305 0384 để được giải đáp.
Amslink English Center