PRACTICE TEST 6
Time allowed: 30’
A. PHONETICS, GRAMMAR & VOCABULARY. (20pts)
I. Circle the correct answer (A, B or C) to indicate the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently. (2pts)
1. A. bicycle B. cook C. careful D. disconnect
2. A. hill B. drip C. ship D. wild
II. Circle the correct answer (A, B or C) to indicate the odd one out in each of the following questions. (3pts)
1. A. enjoy B. like C. love D. meet
2. A. winter B. snow C. fall D. summer
3. A. mushroom B. onion C. egg D. pasta
III. Circle the correct answer (A, B or C) to indicate the right answer. (15pts)
1. I’m going to ..... to Peter about the party.
A. speak B. say C. chat D. tell
2. Tania had a ..... breakfast then rode her bike to the pool.
A. short B. fast C. quick D. ready
3. If you want to enter the race, just fill ..... the form.
A. in B. on C. away D. with
4. There isn’t much ..... in the evenings in my town.
A. entertainer B. entertainment C. entertain D. entertaining
5. The ..... was very friendly. He made me less nervous.
A. examiner B. examinee C. examination D. exam
6. I don’t have ..... money, so I’ll have to wait to get a new coat.
A. a piece of B. a few C. much D. many
7. How many ..... do you have?
A. scarves B. scarfs C. scarf D. scarvs
8. I called ... you about my new job.
A. tell B. to tell C. telling D. told
9. Why are you wearing slippers? You ..... wear trainers for PE lessons!
A. must B. have to C. can D. should
10. If I feel cold in the winter, I ..... a hot bath.
A. have B. ‘ll have C. would have D. had
11. We didn’t say a word ..... the film because we wanted to focus on it.
A. during B. until C. for D. after
12. It was a new experience. I ..... an overnight train before.
A. have never had B. wasn’t having C. had never had D. would never have
13. Leon never ..... about it, but he was once a world champion skier.
A. talks B. is talking C. was talking D. talk
14. Claire hasn’t finished her homework ..... .
A. already B. ever C. just D. yet
15. ..... that crossword for over an hour and you still haven’t finished it!
A. You’ve done B. You’d done C. You’re doing D. You’ve been doing
B. READING. (10pts)
I. Fill in each blank with ONE word only. (5pts)
I’m having (0)...a...great holiday in Spain. There’s so (1) ........................... to do on our campsite. There is a games room, a pool, and a place (2) ........................... play tennis and football. And it’s close to the sea where we can go swimming every day. There is a famous castle about 5 km from here. It is 1000 years old. Mum and Dad want to go and see (3)........................... tomorrow. Then on Tuesday, we plan to rent bicycles and (4) ........................... for a ride in the countryside. I’ll call you when I get back and you can tell (5) ........................... all about your holiday!
II. Read the text. For each question, choose the correct answer by circling A, B, or C. (5pts)
Jay Shater’s home is small but it has everything he needs to live comfortably. On the ground floor, there’s a kitchen, a tiny bathroom with a toilet, and a room which he uses as a living room, work area and dining room. Upstairs there’s a double bedroom. Everyone asks Jay why he wants to live like this. “When I was a teacher, I lived in a big apartment. It had lots of rooms that I never used but still had to clean them and pay for them,’ he explains. “So I decided to build myself a small house. It took me about two months, with some help of my friends.’ People were very interested in his new way of life. His story was told on TV and in newspaper and magazines all over the US. Now Jay has a new job, building little houses for other people. Not everyone lives in them of course - they put them in the garden or use them as holiday homes.
1. Jay has everything except .....
A. a bathroom
B. a work area
C. a playroom
2. Jay’s bedroom is big enough for .....
A. one person
B. two people
C. three people
3. How long did Jay spend building his house?
A. about two months
B. three months
C. He didn’t say
4. Did he build the house by himself?
C. He didn’t say.
5. What does he do?
A. a teacher
B. a journalist
C. none of the above
C. WRITING (10pts)
Vacation on an island
Read the sample paragraph
Last summer my family went to Hilton Head Island on vacation. It is a small resort island. We stayed in a nice hotel for a week. Every day we went to the beach, sunbathed and built sand castles there. We enjoyed watching many colorful fishes swimming freely in the water. On the last day, we rented bikes and went biking around the island. We had such a great time, and I hope we go back there again soon.
Write a short paragraph from 6 to 8 sentences (about 70 words) about your last family vacation. Use the following points as a guide. (10pts)
- Where did your family go on a trip last year?
- What kind of place is it?
- Where did you stay? What did you do? Write 3 things and explain.
- How do you feel about your vacation?
Total: 40 points
Quý phụ huynh và con có thể tải link đề thi bản mềm tại đây
Để tránh trường hợp bỏ sót câu hay mắc các lỗi sai cơ bản như dùng sai thì, khoanh nhầm, sai chính tả, thiếu dấu câu,... các con nhớ kiểm tra bài thật cẩn thận nhé! Chỉ cần một thao tác nhỏ là kiểm tra, rà soát lại tất cả các câu trả lời trước khi nộp bài sẽ giúp bài thi của con được hoàn chỉnh tốt nhất.
Quý phụ huynh đừng quên đăng ký nhận đáp án (KEY) ngay tại đây để chấm điểm cho con nhé
Mọi thắc mắc phụ huynh vui lòng đăng ký tư vấn về khóa học miễn phí tại: http://bit.ly/Tuvan_ams hoặc gọi điện tới tổng đài 024 7305 0384 để được giải đáp.
Amslink English Center