PRACTICE TEST 7
Time allowed: 30’
A. PHONETICS, GRAMMAR & VOCABULARY. (20pts)
I. Circle the correct answer (A, B or C) to indicate the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently. (2pts)
1. A. box B. shop C. copy D. movie
2. A. bench B. empty C. few D. egg
II. Circle the correct answer (A, B or C) to indicate the odd one out in each of the following questions. (3pts)
1. A. mine B. his C.her D. yours
2. A. neighbour B. colleague C. classmate D. nephew
3. A. keyboard B. website C. mouse D. screen
III. Circle the correct answer (A, B or C) to indicate the right answer. (15pts)
1. Before you begin cooking, it’s a good idea to get your ..... ready.
A. pieces B. ingredients C. bits D. parts
2. I find it more ..... to use my car when I go grocery shopping, but I always use to bus to get to work.
A. reliable B. dangerous C.fast D. convenient
3. We had a great holiday, but the ..... home was terrible. It took 6 hours to travel 100 km!
A. trip B. way C. journey D. excursion
4. Many people admire him for his ..... .
A. braveness B. brave C. bravery D. bravation
5. That’s ..... ! It can’t be true.
A. believable B. unbelievable C. lying D. lie
6. How many seasons are ..... in England?
A. these B. those C. they D. there
7. The students often travel to school ..... bike.
A. by B. in C. with D. on
8. Yesterday John ..... go to school because he ..... a toothache.
A. didn’t/had B. doesn’t/has C. didn’t/has D. doesn’t/had
9. Is your school in the city ..... in the country?
A. and B. at C. or D. so
10. The light ..... out while we ..... dinner.
A. was going - were having C. was going - had
B. went - had D. went - were having
11. Miss Helen ..... you as soon as she ..... that letter tomorrow.
A. helps - finishes B. helps - will finish C. will help - finishes D. will help - will finish
12. It’s going to be very expensive to send a person to ..... .
A. a Mars B. one Mars C. the Mars D. Mars
13. Is this our cake or is it ... ?
A. them B. their C. theirs D. theirs cake
14. I wonder if you know where .....
A. is the post office. C. the post office is?
B. is the post office? D. the post office is.
15. My sister had a ... clock.
A. wonderful Italian old C.wonderful old Italian
B. Italian old wonderful D. old Italian wonderful
B. READING. (10pts)
I. Fill in each blank with ONE word only. (5pts)
Not many people have seen an otter. These animals live near rivers and make their homes from small pieces of wood. They usually come out (1) ............................ their home at night. Otters are very good in the water and can swim more than 10 kilometres per hour. They have thick brown hair and this keep (2)............................ warm in the water. An otter can close (3) ............................ ears and nose. This means otters can stay under the water for several minutes. Twenty years ago, there were many otters in Great Britain. The water in the rivers was so dirty that many fish and insects and the otters couldn’t have (4)............................ to eat. But today there is lots of food for them because the rivers (5)............................ clean again.
II. Read the text. For each question, choose the correct answer by circling A, B, or C. (5pts)
Last Friday was an unlucky day for Ann. When she left home, the weather was dry. Her mother told her to take an umbrella, but she didn’t listen. It was hot in the shopping centre, so she took off her coat. Then she saw her friend Beth. They went to have a burger together. When Ann was leaving the shopping centre, the remembered that she had left her coat in the restaurant. She hurried back to get in but it wasn’t there. Her bus ticket was in the coat pocket. So Ann had to walk home. It started to rain. Poor Anna - no coat, no umbrella, no bus ticket, no money. When she got home, she was cold and wet. She became ill and had to spend the next day - her birthday - in bed. She couldn’t have her birthday party.
1. What was the weather like when Anna left home?
C. none of the above
2. Who told Anna to bring an umbrella?
A. no one
B. her mom
C. Beth - her friend
3. Where did Anna leave her coat?
A. in the shopping mall
B. at home
C. in the restaurant
4. Where did Anna leave her bus ticket?
A. at home
B. at a birthday party
C. none of the above
5. Anna had no money, no bus ticket, no raincoat or umbrella ......
A. on her birthday
B. after her birthday
C. before her birthday
C. WRITING (10pts)
Going for the dream
Read the sample paragraph
I want to be a kindergarten teacher when I grow up. It will be fun to teach little children and play with them. There are many things I have to do to become a good kindergarten teacher. First, I have to read a lot of good books because I want to tell children good stories. Next, I have to learn how to play the piano because I want to teach music to children. I also have to learn to draw well because I want to help children draw beautiful pictures. I can’t wait to grow up and become a great kindergarten teacher.
Write a short paragraph from 6 to 8 sentences (about 70 words) about your dream job in the future. Use the following points as a guide. (10pts)
Total: 40 points
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Why do you want to have that job?
- What do you have to do now for your dream job?
- How do you feel when you think about your dream?
Quý phụ huynh và con có thể tải link đề thi bản mềm tại đây
Để tránh trường hợp bỏ sót câu hay mắc các lỗi sai cơ bản như dùng sai thì, khoanh nhầm, sai chính tả, thiếu dấu câu,... các con nhớ kiểm tra bài thật cẩn thận nhé! Chỉ cần một thao tác nhỏ là kiểm tra, rà soát lại tất cả các câu trả lời trước khi nộp bài sẽ giúp bài thi của con được hoàn chỉnh tốt nhất.
Quý phụ huynh đừng quên đăng ký nhận đáp án (KEY) ngay tại đây để chấm điểm cho con nhé
Mọi thắc mắc phụ huynh vui lòng đăng ký tư vấn về khóa học miễn phí tại: http://bit.ly/Tuvan_ams hoặc gọi điện tới tổng đài 024 7305 0384 để được giải đáp.
Amslink English Center